Will&Able complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 in relation to personal information. How we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information is set out below. If you would like to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Collection of personal information
We will collect personal information about you from you directly whenever possible. We also collect personal information about you in the following ways:
• Via website cookies
• Through any registration or subscription process (when you sign up to emails)
• Through communication you have with us (phone or email)
• When you enter a competition
• When you buy our products
• From third parties where you have authorised this or information that is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
• to verify your identity
• to provide products to you
• to market our services and products to you, (by text, email, Facebook or Google ads)
• to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
• to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
• to deliver goods to you
• to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
• to conduct surveys
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information, such as deliver your online orders or respond to your enquiries.
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties, however, we may disclose your personal information to:
• other companies and individuals we employ to perform functions or services on our behalf, for example to:
• fulfill orders
• deliver packages
• send postal mail, emails or texts
• provide marketing assistance
• provide online advertising e.g. using Facebook, Instagram or Google
• analyse data
• process credit card payments
• maintain our underlying IT systems
• provide our website
• provide customer services
Such companies and individuals will have access to enough personal information needed to perform these functions but may not use it for any other purposes.
• a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you (if necessary)
• a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
• any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
• any other person authorised by you.
What types of emails will I receive? Can I unsubscribe?
As a subscribed Will&Able user, you may receive emails from us including newsletters and special offers. If you would no longer wish to receive these emails, you can opt out at any time by managing your email subscriptions found at the bottom of emails or emailing us to unsubscribe you.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections. If you provide us with personal information over the internet it is at your own risk as no information transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. If you post your personal information on the website’s message board/ chat room or social media properties, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Our website uses “cookies”, which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience. You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
Protecting your personal information
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. In respect of a request for correction, if we are able and if we think the correction is reasonable, we will make the correction. Email us at email@example.com to exercise these rights.
We strive to provide the highest level of service and content. We do not however guarantee the accuracy, completeness, availability, or timeliness of anything posted on the Website. Prices and availability of products are subject to change without notice. We will communicate with our customers prior to dispatch in the event of any change.